Sims 4 relationship cheats let you skip over the unpredictability and chaos of socialising and just get straight to the most heartfelt elements, whether a lifelong friendship or a blossoming romance. Like all previous games in the series, The Sims 4 has a big emphasis on the relationships between Sims, with complex, interlocking mechanics about introduction, working out their likes and dislikes, and putting in the effort to build a bedrock of trust and care…
Or you can skip past all that, jam a metaphorical screwdriver in their brains, and turn the dials to “wuv” via liberal application of Sims 4 cheats. Relationship mechanics are chaotic and take time, and while sometimes it’s fun to do it properly, sometimes you want to skip to the best bits without rolling the dice on whether they accidentally insult each other and storm off. With that in mind, here’s the best Sims 4 relationship cheats for you to make use of in your own game.
How to enable cheats in The Sims 4
Before you use any of these relationship cheats, you’ll need to enable cheats. It’s fairly straightforward, but none of these Sims 4 relationship cheats will work if you don’t do it, so make sure to complete this step first. Here’s how to do it across every platform.
- The Sims 4 PC cheats: Hold Ctrl and Shift, then press c
- The Sims 4 Mac cheats: Hold Command and Shift, then press c
- The Sims 4 PS4 and PS5 cheats: Hold down all four shoulder buttons at once
- The Sims 4 Xbox One and Xbox Series X cheats: Hold down all four shoulder buttons at once
After completing one of these prompts, a box will appear in the top right corner where you can now input cheat codes.
The Sims 4 relationship cheats
Once cheats are enabled, enter any of the following phrases in the box that appears to activate the related effect. In most cases you can also deactivate the Sims 4 relationship cheats by reentering them. As with all cheats, you might want to make a new save just in case there are any unpredictable effects. No one wants to lose a long running game to a weird glitch.
- relationships.create_friends_for_sim – create a new Sim that is already friends with you
- relationship.introduce_sim_to_all_others – introduces your Sim to all of their neighbors
- modifyrelationship [YourSimFirstName] [YourSimLastName] [TargetSimFirstName] [TargetSimLastName] X LTR_Friendship_Main – replace X with the value to change the friendship level between the two named Sims, for example: 100 increases friendship, while -100 decreases it
- modifyrelationship [YourSimFirstName] [YourSimLastName] [TargetPetFirstName] [TargetPetLastName] X LTR_SimtoPet_Friendship_Main Replace X with the value to change the friendship level between a Sim and a pet
- modifyrelationship [YourSimFirstName] [YourSimLastName] [TargetSimFirstName] [TargetSimLastName] X LTR_Romance_Main – replace X with the value to change the romance level between the two named Sims, for example: 100 increases romance, while -100 decreases it
There you have it, The Sims 4 relationship cheats to get you on the right romance track or quickly create an arch nemesis. Gone are the days where you have to spend hours cultivating a relationship, now you can just increase or decrease the quality of a relationship by typing in some cheats. If only the real world were that simple…
Best Sims 4 mods | How to fill out reports in The Sims 4 | How to turn furniture in The Sims 4 | How to age up a toddler in The Sims 4 | How to get more money in The Sims 4 | Sims 4 multiplayer | Sims 4 skill cheats |Sims 4 career cheats | Sims 4 debug cheat | Sims 4 free build cheat | How to get started in The Sims 4